Open date: August 28th, 2020
Last review date: Friday, Sep 11, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, Oct 31, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Music seeks to appoint an oboe instructor for a part-time, non-tenure track lecturer position at The University of California, Santa Barbara, during the 2020-21 academic year. Instructional duties will include teaching applied oboe lessons and coaching chamber music. The Department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service. Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
• The applicant must hold a minimum of a master’s degree in oboe performance
• The applicant must have 3 years experience of professional solo chamber music performances.
• The applicant should be able to articulate a successful student recruitment strategy
• The applicant must possess a background that includes significant knowledge of solo, chamber and orchestral repertoire
• The applicant is expected to have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
• Cover letter – required in PDF format only
• Updated Curriculum vitae – required in PDF format only
• Reference Contact Information
• Sample recordings not to exceed 10MB of recent performances (including a PDF file with a list of dates performed) – required)
• Optional Documents: Statement of Contribution for Diversity
To receive full consideration for this position application materials must be received by September 7, 2020. Thereafter, position is open until filled.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SAMPLE RECORDINGS: Provide URL links (e.g., YouTube, Spotify, personal website) in the same PDF document that lists your performances).
SELECTION PROCESS: Committee will conduct reference checks by telephone.
HOW TO APPLY
Go to: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/apply Locate recruitment position Job # JPF01821 Click the view/apply to this recruitment link Create applicant ID (username and password) Provide requested information to complete application submission
The strengths and renown of our department and faculty can be found on our website: http://www.music.ucsb.edu/.
Apply to job# JPF01821 at https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/JPF01821 To receive full consideration for this position, you must complete your application on or before Friday September 11th, 2020. Thereafter, position is open until filled. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Sample Recordings - Sample recordings not to exceed 10MB of recent performances (including a PDF file with a list of dates performed)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - We strongly encourage applicants to submit an optional Statement of Contributions to Diversity. The statement could mention contributions furthering diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through participation in activities such as the recruitment, retention, and mentoring of scholars and students. These statements, if submitted, will be reviewed for past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service.
- 3 required (contact information only)