Open date: April 14th, 2021
Last review date: Thursday, Sep 16, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Oct 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications are invited for temporary part-time lecturer positions at the University of California, Santa Barbara to teach courses in the Teacher Education Program during the 2021 summer quarter and 2021-22 academic year. Appointments are variable in terms of percentage time and limited to the length of the course. Reappointment in subsequent quarters is possible. Salary is based on UCSB salary scales.
Instructors are expected to attend all class sessions, read, respond, and evaluate student assignments, and assign grades adhering to all department guidelines. Additionally, instructors are expected to attend all course planning meetings.
Please note this is a pooled recruitment and screening of applicants is ongoing and will continue as needed. The use of a temporary lecturer titles pool does not guarantee that an open position exists at the time you are applying. See the “Next Review Date” specified in UC Recruit to learn whether the department is currently reviewing applications for an upcoming opening. If there is no future review date specified, your application may not be considered at this time.
Anticipated positions at this time may include the following specialty areas:
• Special Education
• Child/Adolescent Development & Learning
• Education and Justice
• World Languages: Spanish
• Required: Teacher certification in the State of California or equivalent at the time of application.
• Required: Minimum of three years experience as a public or private school class room teacher at the time of application.
• Additional: At least one quarter/semester experience in providing professional development services to teachers or other education personnel by the time of appointment.
• Additional: At least one quarter/semester mentoring new teachers or pre-service teachers by the time of appointment.
• Preferred: Master’s degree in Education or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Preferred: Minimum of one quarter/semester of teaching experience at the college level.
• Preferred: Prior experience with classroom supervision of pre-service teachers.
• Preferred: Familiarity with the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP) and Teacher Performance Expectations (TPE)
• Preferred: Experience working in teacher education or K-12 education.
Applicants should apply online through the UC Recruit system: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/JPF01972
Please submit a cover letter, resume or curriculum vita, and contact information for three references. References will be checked for candidates who advance to finalist status.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Samantha Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org and list TEP Instructor in the subject line.
The Teacher Education Program (TEP) is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, and service.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3 required (contact information only)
References will be checked for candidates who advance to finalist status.