Open date: November 17, 2021
Most recent review date: Wednesday, Dec 1, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Monday, Oct 31, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Professional and Continuing Education (Extension) at the University of California, Santa Barbara invites applications for a pool of qualified temporary, part-time instructors to teach on-site and online courses for our Sales and Marketing Program for upcoming openings. We are seeking qualified applicants who possess current subject matter expertise and have a passion for teaching in the following programs and courses.
- Developing a Digital Marketing Strategy
- Web Analytics for Marketing
- Brand Strategy Implementation
- Business and Personal Branding
- Public Relations
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Finance & Marketing
- Marketing and Advertising in the Global Marketplace
- Other Related Topics
Instructor duties include but are not limited to:
- Make appropriate adjustments to continually improve the syllabus, curriculum and course materials. May be based upon programmatic and/or student feedback.
- Prepare and deliver course materials and design learning assessments.
- Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning.
- Stay current within the subject, discipline or field of practice.
- Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum.
- Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline/explain the grading policies for the course.
- Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner.
- Employ culturally competent and inclusive teaching methodologies in the classroom (including teaching non-native speakers and/or students with academic letters of accommodations for learning disabilities).
- Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes and assign grades.
- Post final student grades to the transcript system within two weeks of course completion.
- Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with Program Director as needed.
- Retain student records according to University policies.
The department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship.
The posting will remain open until October 31, 2022 to accommodate department needs. The pool will close on October 31, 2022; if you would like to continue to be considered after that time, and the pooled position is advertised again, you will need to submit a new application.
Please note: The use of a instructor pool does not guarantee that an open position exists at the time you are applying. See the review date specified in UC Recruit to learn whether the department is currently reviewing applications for an upcoming opening. If there is no future review date specified, your application may not be considered at this time.
Screening of applicants begins immediately after the December 1, 2021 Initial Review Date has passed; some appointments may begin as early as the 2022 winter quarter. The number of these temporary, part-time, non-tenure track, academic positions varies from quarter to quarter, depending on the needs of the department. Appointments are offered on a course-by-course basis, and appointment length is based upon course section schedule(s). Appointments may be renewable based on need, funding, and performance.
A bachelor’s degree in a related field or a minimum of one professional certification in a relevant field
Minimum of 3 years of experience in a relevant professional field
- Master's degree or over 5 years experience in a related professional field.
- Strong working knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS) software tools.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Instructor Presentation Sample (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- 2-4 required (contact information only)
The department will conduct a reference check for the finalist before extending an offer.
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to Appendix F, Section II.C. of the policy for the deadlines applicable to new University of California employees. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.