Position overviewPosition title: Academic Coordinator II
Open date: December 21st, 2021
Last review date: Friday, Jan 7, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Mar 1, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of California, Santa Barbara invites applications for a qualified Education Outreach Manager for the SciTrek/Biotech outreach program.
The person in this position will be coordinating science inquiry-based activities in elementary schools. They will be in charge of the administrative aspects of the program which includes but is not limited to:
- coordinating and setting up schedules between teachers, volunteers, and faculty members
- organizing events, updating the website, helping with fundraising
- overseeing all aspects of the joint Master's program including setting up the graduate student application process
- reporting grant activities monthly, quarterly and annually
- arranging meetings with all partner institutions: Santa Barbara City College, California State University, Channel Islands and California State University, San Luis Obispo)
The department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through teaching and service.
The posting will remain open until filled.
A Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience supervising others
- At least 2 years of experience scheduling and coordinating meetings and organizing events
- At least 2 years experience using Excel
- A MA or PhD with a minimum of 3 years past work experience in K-12 or higher education or working with a nonprofit
- Education outreach in the sciences
- Ability to report grant activities monthly, quarterly and annually
- Strong communication skills to coordinate science based educational outreach events with outside universities
- Experience in fundraising
- Knowledge of Google platform (Google Drive, Google Scheduling, Google Forms)
- Experience posting to social media (Twitter, InstaGram, Facebook)
- Experience updating websites
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3 letters of reference required
Provide the names and contact information for 3 references and request letters of reference within the system in order to complete the application requirements.
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. New University of California employees must (a) provide proof of receiving at least one dose of a COVID-19 Vaccine no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment and provide proof of Full Vaccination no later than eight weeks after their first date of employment; or (b) if applicable, submit a request for Exception or Deferral no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.