Position overviewPosition title: Executive Director of Master of Technology Management program
Open date: August 31, 2023
Most recent review date: Friday, Sep 15, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Jun 30, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The University of California at Santa Barbara’s Technology Management Program seeks an Executive Director for its innovative Master of Technology Management (MTM) Degree Program. The Executive Director will provide vision and entrepreneurial leadership in developing and supporting the current Master’s program. The Executive Director will play a key role in helping the Technology Management Program to achieve its ambitious goals for increasing graduate enrollments and revenues while strengthening its program, leading development of new programs, and increasing diversity among its graduate student population.
As the operational leader of the MTM program, the Executive Director will be responsible for oversight of all aspects of the program including:
~ public relations
~ career development
~ job placement
~ student affairs
~ alumni relations
~ curriculum development
~ teaching assignments
~ financial aid
~ corporate outreach (including solicitation of embedded internship projects)
The Executive Director will oversee a dedicated staff, manage the program’s budget, and be the key liaison for the program with the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) Graduate Division. The Executive Director will report to the department chair.
Now in its eighth year, the MTM program is one of UCSB’s most attractive graduate offerings. The Executive Director will help set the strategic direction for quality growth and champion new initiatives to bolster the program’s national and international reputation.
Additionally, the Executive Director will be responsible for leading efforts to expand the MTM program’s presence in domestic and international markets to increase the number and quality of the application pool; to build relationships with technology-based companies in California and across the country, and to promote recognition for the MTM program worldwide.
ABOUT THE MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM:
The MTM Program is a 9-month professional master’s degree for students looking to become leaders in technology-based companies. Students learn skills and frameworks for managing technical people, processes, and products and engage in real world learning with tech companies. This innovative program provides outstanding leadership and entrepreneurial skills for students who wish to augment their technical acumen with managerial capabilities.
The Department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service.
· A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
· 4+ years of project or program management
· 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Terminal degree strongly preferred; business degree (MBA) or entrepreneurial experience preferred
- 10 + years of project or program management
- Significant and demonstrable experience in leading the creation and scaling of innovative, relevant, and sustainable graduate and professional learning programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills as well as demonstrated success as a collaborative leader and administrator
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing and changing priorities, requests, tasks, and deadlines
- A record of entrepreneurial, creative approaches to academic program development
- Experience with budget, contracting, and operational processes
- Experience conducting, contracting, or managing digital marketing efforts
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining partnerships with external organizations and employers and arranging student internships
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity Statement - We strongly encourage applicants to submit an optional Statement of Contributions to Diversity. These statements, if submitted, will be reviewed for evidence of professional and/or public service contributions that promote diversity and equal opportunity. This should be demonstrated in the first instance through specific examples of contributions to the advancement of equitable access and diversity in education although contributions in any other area that the candidate thinks is relevant are also welcome.
Statement of Qualifications - A Statement of Qualifications will be required to have the candidate highlight their skills and qualifications. This should provide evidence of the candidate's fulfillment of the qualifications listed.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
The Department will collect contact information at the time of application and then follow up with references if chosen as a finalist.
Help contact: email@example.com
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs, as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.