Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Music seeks to appoint an Assistant Professor of Cello with national distinction in performance and teaching, effective July 1, 2018. The ideal candidate will possess a clear vision for an evolving Music Department with a chamber music orientation. In addition to recruiting students for the Strings Area, responsibilities include teaching and advising undergraduate and graduate students in cello, participating in auditions, juries, and recital committees, and engaging in other aspects of departmental and university governance. Applicants are also expected to collaborate with our dynamic performance faculty in performances on-campus, recruiting activities off-campus, and other ventures as they arise. The Department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, and service.
Applicants must meet the following basic and additional qualifications:
• Master of Music (M.M. or M.Mus.) or equivalent professional experience (minimum 3 years)
• National distinction as a performer and teacher of solo and chamber music
• One year of teaching experience at the university, conservatory, or college level
• Demonstrated ability to recruit outstanding students to our BM, MM, and DMA programs in the Strings Area
• Significant knowledge of solo, chamber and orchestral repertoire
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
To receive full consideration for this position, all application materials, including letters of reference, should be received by January 3, 2018.
Candidates should submit the following:
• Cover Letter – required, PDF format only
• Updated Curriculum Vitae – required, PDF format only
• 3-5 letters of reference – required
• List of recent performances (including dates) with links to online sound files – required, PDF format only
How to Apply:
- Go to: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/apply/JPF01033
- Create applicant ID (username and password)
- Provide required information and documents to complete application
Information about our department and faculty can be found on our website: http://www.music.ucsb.edu/.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cover Letter - Required, pdf format only
Curriculum Vitae - Required, pdf only - Your most recently updated C.V.
Sample Recordings - Required, pdf only - List of recent performances (including dates) with links to online sound files
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information