The Department of Music at UC Santa Barbara invites applications for a pool of qualified temporary lecturers to teach undergraduate or graduate courses in the area of violin. Temporary appointment positions are variable in terms of percentage of time (5% to 100%). They will range from one quarter to one year with the possibility of reappointment that is dependent on teaching performance and department needs. The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service as appropriate to the position.
The pool will remain open until October 31, 2018 to accommodate department needs. Appointments for Fall Quarter are usually reviewed in July, Winter Quarter in September, and for Spring Quarter in January. The pool will close on October 31, 2018; if you would like to continue to be considered after that time, and the pooled position is advertised again, you will need to submit a new application.
PLEASE NOTE: The use of a lecturer pool does not guarantee that an open position exists at the time you are applying. See the review date specified in UC Recruit to learn whether the department is currently reviewing applications for an upcoming opening. If there is no future review date specified, your application may not be considered at this time.
To receive full consideration for the Fall 2018 appointment, submit all application materials, preferably including letters of reference, by August 13, 2018. Thereafter, the position will remain open.
• The applicant must hold a minimum of a Master’s degree in Violin or an equivalent qualification, or at least three years of professional experience.
• The applicant must have one year of teaching experience at the university, conservatory or community college level
• The applicant must possess a background that includes significant knowledge of solo, chamber and orchestral repertoire
• The applicant should be able to articulate a successful recruitment strategy for students of violin and other string instruments
• The applicant must have a significant record of professional solo and chamber music performances
• The applicant is expected to have excellent organizational skills
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
• Cover Letter – PDF format only
• Updated Curriculum Vitae – PDF format only
• Arrange to have three letters of reference submitted
• Sample Recordings: provide a list of recent performances with URL links to performances - PDF format only
HOW TO APPLY:
- Go to: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/apply/JPF01278
- Create applicant ID (username and password)
- Provide requested information to complete application.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected Veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Sample Recordings - Important: Submit a list of recent performances with URL links to performances - required in PDF format only
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service.
- 3-5 letters of reference required