Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Music seeks to appoint a University Carillonist and teacher for a part-time, non-tenure track lecturer position at The University of California Santa Barbara. Instructional duties will include teaching applied carillon lessons to undergraduate and graduate students and performing on the 61-bell, Petit & Fritsen carillon located atop Storke Tower. The Department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service. Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
• The applicant must have passed the Guild of Carillonneurs in North America Carillonneur Exam or have a diploma from the North American Carillon School or from one of the European carillon schools.
• The applicant must have a strong record of carillon performances (a minimum of eight recitals).
• The applicant must possess significant knowledge of carillon repertoire, including compositions and arrangements spanning the past century.
• Applicants with teaching experience at a university, conservatory or college will receive higher priority
To receive full consideration for this position, all application materials must be received by August 30, 2018. Ideally, letters of reference should also be received by this date. Thereafter, position is open until filled.
Candidates are required to submit the following
• Cover letter – required in PDF format only
• Updated Curriculum vitae – required in PDF format only
• Arrange for three letters of reference – required
• A sample recording not to exceed 10MB of a recent carillon performance that includes an original carillon composition or an arrangement by the applicant (including a PDF file with a list of the pieces performed) – required)
• A short video of the applicant performing one piece that was taken in the playing cabin, showing the performer’ hands and feet. We realize that the recording sound quality in the playing cabin may not be very good.
How to submit your sample recordings: Provide URL links (e.g., YouTube, Spotify, personal website) in the same PDF document that lists your performances).
HOW TO APPLY
- Go to: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/apply
- Locate recruitment position Job #
- Click the view/apply to this recruitment link
- Create applicant ID (username and password)
- Provide requested information to complete application submission
The strengths and renown of our department and faculty can be found on our website: http://www.music.ucsb.edu/.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
A PDF file with a link to a short video of the applicant performing one piece. - Provide a URL link (e.g., YouTube, Spotify, personal website) in the same PDF document that lists your performances. Video should be taken in the playing cabin, showing the performer’ hands and feet. Recording sound quality is less important than visual.
A PDF file with list of pieces performed and links to online recordings - How to submit your sample recordings: Provide URL links (e.g., YouTube, Spotify, personal website) in the same PDF document that lists your performances.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service.
- 3 letters of reference required
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information