Gevirtz Graduate School of Education
Supervisor, Teacher Education Program (TEP)
2013-2014 Academic Year
Reports to: Dr. Tine Sloan, TEP Director
Positions: Open until filled
Next Review Date: May 1, 2014
Supervises Teacher Education Program students in practicum sites in elementary or secondary public schools. Coordinates between UCSB coursework and practicum activities for TEP students and Cooperating Teachers. Provides training and support for Cooperating Teachers at the school site. Works in consultation with school personnel to identify classroom placements, promote growth in teaching practice and to resolve problems. Meets regularly with TEP students and participates in TEP faculty meetings, curriculum development activities, and program and student evaluation activities.
• Teacher certification in the State of California or equivalent
• Minimum of three years experience as a public or private school classroom teacher
• Experience in providing professional development services to teachers or other education personnel
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of current policies and effective practices in K-12 teaching
Please submit a cover letter, resume and/or curriculum vita. If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Raquel Ramos via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and list TEP 13-14, Supervisor in the subject line.
The Department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Teaching Evaluations - If available (Optional)
Misc / Additional - For administrative use only (Optional)