History of Modern Biological/Life Sciences
The Department of History of the University of California at Santa Barbara invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professorship in the History of Modern Biological/Life Sciences since the seventeenth century. We are open to a wide variety of research specializations, including, for example, genomics/genetics, molecular biology, biotechnology, the biological field sciences, and evolution/Darwinism. Scholars whose work offers a comparative or transnational perspective and who will contribute to department and campus strengths are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants should be able to teach a variety of graduate seminars and upper division courses related to the history of the modern life sciences, as well as contribute to the department’s lower-division history of science, technology, and medicine survey. Please send a cover letter; research statement that includes a description of current and future research, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, writing sample, as well as two sample syllabi to the Chair of the Search Committee at https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/apply/JPF00201 by November 1, 2013. Inquiries should be addressed to Professor Elizabeth DePalma Digeser, Chair, Department of History, firstname.lastname@example.org. The department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, and service
The University of California at Santa Barbara is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research - Please include a description of current and future research.
- Writing Sample
- Syllabus - Syllabus Sample #1
- Syllabus - Syllabus Sample # 2
- (Optional) Additional Letter of Recommendation - Please email optional 4th letter of Recommendation to the committee and it will be uploaded. (Optional)
- Additional Document - Reserved for department - applicant leave blank. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)