Assistant Professor Literacy Education
The Department of Education, Gevirtz Graduate School of Education, University of California, Santa Barbara seeks a faculty member for a tenure-track position in literacy education at the Assistant Professor level. We encourage applications from literacy educators with expertise in grades 3-8 serving diverse populations.
The Department of Education has an interdisciplinary faculty with cognitive, linguistic, social, and cultural research programs concerned with diverse learners in educational settings. The Department offers a rich array of opportunities for research, teaching, and program development in an innovative Teacher Education Program, the McEnroe Reading and Language Arts Clinic, partnership schools, and technology-enabled learning environments.
Qualifications for the position include:
• An earned doctorate at the time of employment
• A record of scholarship related to grades 3-8 teaching and learning of literacy with diverse learners
• At least three years of teaching grades 3-8 (preferred).
Position responsibilities include:
• Maintaining an active research and publication program
• Mentoring M.A./M.Ed/Ph.D students
• Directing theses and dissertations
• Seeking extramural funding
• Teaching graduate-level courses in literacy.
The University of California Santa Barbara, a land-grant university, is an AAU comprehensive research intensive institution. The department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity & excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, & service.
Address inquiries to Richard P. Durán, Ph.D.
Search Committee Chair
Department of Education
Gevirtz Graduate School of Education
Santa Barbara, California 93106
Applicants should submit (1) a letter of interest addressing qualifications and interests, (2) current curriculum vitae, (3), three representative research-based articles, and (4) three letters of reference.
Applications should be submitted electronically to https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/apply/
Review of completed applications will begin January 15, 2014.
Anticipated start date is July 1, 2014.
UCSB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Letter of Interest - Address qualifications and interests
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Representative Research-Based Article (1 of 3) - Up to 10 MB per submission; can submit link if submission is over 10 MB
- Representative Research-Based Article (2 of 3) - Up to 10 MB per submission; can submit link if submission is over 10 MB
- Representative Research-Based Article (3 of 3) - Up to 10 MB per submission; can submit link if submission is over 10 MB
- Misc / Additional - For Administrative Use Only (Optional)