Modern Middle East/North Africa
The Department of History of the University of California at Santa Barbara invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professorship in the history of the Middle East/North Africa since 1800. We are open to a wide variety of research specializations, including, for example, gender studies, empire and post-colonialism, ethnicity/sectarianism, diaspora studies, and secularism and religious movements. Scholars whose work offers a comparative or transnational perspective and who will contribute to department and campus strengths are especially encouraged to apply (see http://www.history.ucsb.edu). The successful candidate will teach a variety of graduate seminars and upper division courses, as well as contribute to the department's lower-division Middle East history survey. UCSB has a vibrant Center for Middle East Studies (http://www.cmes.ucsb.edu). Ph.D. normally required at time of appointment. Applications, including a cover letter, statement of current and future research, curriculum vitae, writing sample, two sample syllabi, and three letters of recommendation (sent under separate cover) should be sent to Middle East/North Africa Search Committee at:https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/apply/JPF00210 . To ensure full consideration, materials must be received by November 12, 2013. Further inquiries can be addressed to Professor Adam Sabra firstname.lastname@example.org. The department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, and service.
The University of California at Santa Barbara is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research - Please include a description of current and future research.
- Writing Sample
- Syllabus - Syllabus Sample #1
- Syllabus - Syllabus Sample # 2
- (Optional) Additional Letter of Recommendation - Please email optional 4th letter of Recommendation to the committee and it will be uploaded. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- Additional Document - Reserved for department - applicant leave blank. (Optional)